Halito!

Halito means hello in Choctaw. Welcome to the Council Fire. This is just a place where I plan to post thoughts on things, videos, pictures, and possibly some stories. Hope you enjoy what you read!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Answering Questions for Mr. Valance

Mr. Valance tagged me, so I have to answer these questions. Ia li! (Here I go!)

What is the best thing about where you live?

Well, there is a town (where the college is at), but there's a lot of open country round here. The best part is waking up in the morning and seeing the early golden sunshine spilling out over the green pastures filled with fog.

If you could be anyone you wanted to be, other than yourself, who would you be?

I'd have to be a sign language interpreter for some of my favorite singers.

What is your favorite item of clothing?

Without a doubt, it'd have to be my boots. I'm a cowgirl at heart, and boots are ALWAYS going to be high fashion!

Who, or what, inspires you the most?

Dwight Yoakam, he's a great singer and actor. He is so true to himself and where he's from. He does music his way, whether others like it or not. His music has allowed for a lot of sign language practice for me.

Do you use public transport?

If I have to, yes, but I try to walk as far as I can.

What is most likely to set off the fire alarm at home?

Well, just about anything I guess, we used to use the fire alarm as a timer: when it goes off, supper's ready!

What do you do to stay healthy?

Do what you like. I like sign language, archery, and crafts. I believe that when you have things you enjoy doing, you are more likely to have a healthier life.

If you could pass one new law, what would it be?



I would make honesty the law of the land, like the Native Americans practiced. That old saying of "My word is my bond".

Pondering about uniforms, as I sometimes do, is there a uniform that grabs your attention?

Navy uniforms from the World War II time frame, like what Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra wore in "Anchors Aweigh".

If you had to choose between who you love and what you love doing, what would win?

What I love doing, because sign language is my thing. I always worry that the man I "love" would ask me not to do ASL, and that would be a horrible existence for me.

What is your best time of day?

The morning is prettiest, but I get most of my work done of an evening.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Trinity! Well done, Pard. Reckon I could have guessed the 'inspires you' question. I laughed at your answer to the fire alarm. As for making honesty the law of the land, I'm with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mr. Valance. I figured you could guess my inspiration. As long as I know there is one person on my side in that last part, then I'm good to go. :)

    ReplyDelete