Halito!

Halito means hello in Choctaw. Welcome to the Council Fire. This is just a place where I plan to post thoughts on things, videos, pictures, and possibly some stories. Hope you enjoy what you read!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Imagine!

So, I was writing an essay for my Comp 2 class over Martin Luther King Jr.'s "Letter from Birmingham Jail". The entire time I wrote it, I had the song "Imagine" stuck in my head. After I finished typing the essay, I got up and devoted about an hour to translating the song into ASL (American Sign Language), shooting the video, and then editing it. More videos should come when I find more time. Remember, no on has to do EVERYTHING, but everyone has to do SOMETHING. What's your GREEN DOT?

Imagine in ASL

7 comments:

  1. S'funny where inspiration comes from sometimes. Glad you're active again, Trinity. I'll have to check it out. If I knew what you meant by green dot I'd gladly tell you. What does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a domestic violence awareness and prevention program available to students at my college. A green dot is something you say/do to keep yourself (and the people around you) safe. We have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hon,

    Just had a moment to drop in!

    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hawk. Hope you're having a good year so far1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something I'd dp to keep myself safe, huh? You mean like wearing a tin hat when Miss Houston's on the warpath?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. That's a good example. The example our Green Dot Leader uses is when a woman walks away from an abusive boyfriend/husband to find help (that's where the domestic violence part comes in). It could also be preventative measures taken to keep Miss Houston off the warpath! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete